Friday 6 April 2018

The Hell of Living in the Middle of Renovation

As you saw in my last blog post, we have some upgrading dreams for our home. The first one on our list we already got started on during Easter. We are redoing our stairs and also the hallway on the second floor.

But after the holiday when everyday life takes over and you are left with minimal time to finish the project, it just gets super dragged out! So far we teared down wallpaper and panels, we filled holes in the walls, sanded it down and yesterday Ben washed the walls. So there is some slow progress going on, but never the less: progress! And today we are painting the ceiling.




But living among a remodeling chaos is everything else but fun! The first thing I get aggravated by is the amount of stuff everywhere. I thought this was going to be easy peasy since we didn't store anything in the stair and not that much in the upstairs hallway. But oh my what a mess it makes anyway! We immediately put up one ground rule: nothing, and I mean NOTHING, goes into the bedroom! We at least need one place of serenity! And that has worked out fine. But here in our home office it is completely crammed, so it feels a bit stressful sittning here writing right now.




So stuff everywhere stressing me out. And then we come to the remodeling chaos. Right now, even though it has been vacuumed, there is dust all over the renovation are. You can probably imagine what it's like living with dogs and of course walking through it yourself: it means you have dust all over the house. Oh my!

But we are both super happy that we finally got rid of the last piece of wallpaper from the previous owners. They had wallpaper on every single little bit of surface! And of course layers and layers of wallpaper. It was a complete nightmare when we moved in, since we wanted to get rid of it all!

So that's that about the nightmare! There are also plenty of positive stuff while remodeling. Of course the number one reason that people do renovate: to get something better, more beautiful, something more like you. Making a house your home! I love the planning part, the searching for ideas on Pinterest part and having an eye out on Instagram. This is going to be so beautiful when it's done! I can really imagine it!

Here you can see how far we've come on the stairs. The first picture is before the renovation and the second picture shows our progress right now. I'll keep you updated during the process!


And of course I need to leave you with some eye candy and tips on remodeling stairs! 
Pics found on Pinterest, links behind each picture. Enjoy!




I hope you all have an amazing weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. สล็อต 999

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. สล็อต เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete