Tuesday 3 April 2018

My Top 5 Interior Dreams

Do you have stuff you would love to get done in your home, but time and perhaps also money gets in the way? Because that is something I really can relate to! I'm that kind of a person that has to have everything happen immediately. I go mad if I get an idea and then I have to wait to implement it. It's totally my worst quality, I'm very impatient.

So here are my five interior dreams that I wish we could get done right now this second!

1. Stairs
On the top of the list I have stairs because we have this really ugly carpet covering our stairs, that's been there since the house was built in the 80's. Not cool at all, and it's a beige-brown-grayish kind of color and I don't even want to think about if it's the original color or something else..

Anyway, I want to freshen them up and put some wood on top of the stairs and some ornamental pattern on the stair risers. This is the first thing we're going to do on my list. We already begun this huge project during Easter: we teared down the wallpaper and the panel. But as you can imagine it's going to be a big project before we are anywhere near done.


(The first picture is of our home and the second picture is inspiration found on Pinterest)



2. Bathroom
This is also something I wanted to get done already when we moved in (2016), but it has been postponed for a long time already, because this is something we can't fix ourselves. We would need to hire some help and help is always expensive. The worst problem with our bathroom is the bad floor planning. The washing machine is blocking the sink. You can just try to imagine what it's like brushing your teeth there. There is also not enough storage space, cords everywhere and I really hate the see trough cabinets. And of course I'm not in love with the tiles, but that would be too big and expensive to get done, so they'll just have to do. I thought about painting them, but the shower is in the other end of the bathroom, so I think it might be a little bit tricky.

So what I want to do is turn the sink so it's beside the washing machine. I also want to add more storage space by adding cabinets above the washing machine and both above and underneath the sink.


(The first picture is of our home and the second picture is inspiration found on Pinterest)



3. Painting the celings
This is not that expensive and we can do this ourselves, but oh my what a big project this is! We don't have such a huge home, but still, this would take a really long time, with moving furniture from one room to another and covering up the rest. But it's going to get done for sure, as soon as we get around to it! It will freshen things up amazingly!


(The first picture is of our home and the second picture is inspiration found on Pinterest)



4. New counter tops in the kitchen
When we moved in, I painted the wooden counter tops black to get a more modern twist to it, but it was a temporary solution. What I really would like is counter tops made of stone, preferably black or light marble. But that is crazy expensive and as you can see we would need al lot (485 cm to be exact)! But since we only have early morning sun in our kitchen it is pretty dark the rest of the day, so maybe some white laminate counter tops could lighten things up a bit. But I'm not sure, I really like the black so we'll have to think about it.


(The first picture is of our home and the second picture is inspiration found on Pinterest)



5. New floors
And for my last dream it would be getting new floors. I love laminate floors because they are so easy to maintain! Easy to clean, doesn't get scratches and they can handle some amount of water. Love it! We do have laminate floors right now, they are not bad, but they are definitely not the color I would've selected and the moldings are a complete mess! Upstairs there are double moldings that are unnecessarily wide and they are taking up a lot of the floor space. So new lighter laminate floors and new floor moldings would be awesome!


(The first picture is of our home and the second picture is inspiration found on Pinterest)


What interior dreams do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment